Reminiscing Part 2

Despite my disappointment that the stranger in the night did not look anything like Hrithik Roshan, I got into his car and he drove us to this small Italian restaurant somewhere in D'sara for dinner. He was quite nice, actually. Very polite. We did the usual introductory thingy, and chatted over general stuff... I tried very hard to be cordial, but somewhere between the main course and dessert, I just couldn't wait to go home.


We left the place just after 10pm, with a promise to keep in touch. As I laid in bed thinking about the dinner I had with this guy, who was my ultimate dreamlover just a couple of days ago but had now been reduced to a long-forgotten dangdut singer by the name of Herman Tino, I felt pretty bad about myself. I should have been more friendly or convivial towards him. Thoughts of the sweet words & promises that were uttered during our e-mail exchanges made me scream with embarrasment. How could I be so naive? Hrithik Roshan ? What was I thinking??


But after much thought, I decided that I should go on with the friendship. It would be very wicked of me to just dump him like that, wouldn't I? Anyway, looks are not important ~ the heart is. So, I wrote him an e-mail the next day to thank him for the dinner. But you know what? He never replied. I tried to call him on the phone, but no answer. I wrote and wrote, but there was no respond. He vanished, just like that.


Why? I kept on asking. Why did he stop communicating? Was it me? Did I look so shocked that night? Or was it him? Was he equally shocked to see me? Was I an even bigger disappointment for him?


Sigh... after about a week of trying, I gave up.


That episode left a big scar in my heart. I was dumped by a stranger in the night. Until today, I still don't understand why it had to end that way. Lesson learnt - never trust anyone you met online!


So, for the next couple of weeks, I was really put off by http://www.oneandonly.com/. It was a total waste of my time! I was introduced to a few more guys after that, but I wasn't keen anymore.


Just as I was about to cancel my subscription (they gave you a one-month free trial), I saw one peculiar e-mail in my mailbox. From "Not So Young Taurean". "Hmm... not another one", I thought. I read his e-mail and went "Naaah...!". But there was something about this e-mail that caught my attention. The writing style. I liked his writing style, very civilized. Not many people can write as well as that. So I thought, why not... let me just give this a reply. I was very sure the sender must be an Indian guy or something coz his English was very good.


But to my surprise, he turned out to be this nice 39-year old Malay gentleman, who lived in Ampang with his 3 children. His wife has passed away and he was "looking for friendship, regardless of age and colour". We exchanged a few e-mails and very soon, he gave me his phone number. I didn't wait too long before deciding to meet him because I didn't want history to repeat itself. You know, nanti dah syok2 bercinta, kantoi after dah jumpa! I didn't want that to happen again. He was hesitant at first coz he felt it was way too soon, but I told him, "You're gonna thank me for this!"


So, we agreed to meet. But before that, I asked him to decribe his physique (very important, but must take with a pinch of salt!) He said, "receeding hairline", I thought, "Sure tak de rambut ni!". He said "expanded waistline', I thought "Sure g*muk!" This time around, I went with very low expectations. But God is great, huh? The moment I saw him, I was totally smitten...


... to be continued

Comments

busymum100 said…
MrsN,

That shows sincerity (on Mr N's part) pays! I like the last part:

He said, "receeding hairline", I thought, "Sure tak de rambut ni!". He said "expanded waistline', I thought "Sure g*muk!" This time around, I went with very low expectations. But God is great, huh? The moment I saw him, I was totally smitten...

So, are you going to continue the story? ;-)
The courting period, etc..etc...
wanshana said…
Alamak BJ...

Awat banyak sangat "to be continued" ni???!!!

I sampai sakit dada because of anxiety attack! Hahaha!
MrsNordin said…
Now I don't know if I should continue with the story. Letih lah! Perhaps I should leave it for a while and come back to it later.
Kmar said…
BJ,

You ni, buat orang suspense aje especially to those yang dok follow up your love-story..he.he..
Hope said…
eh..you musn't stop...ni dah jadi macam cerekarama bersiri dah..:), we all look forward to read more!
MamaEta said…
Bj oii..di sini pun suspens sungguh dengan cerita orang di sinun...terinat pulak at this one scene of "You've got mail"...macam ssssaaammmmaaa laaaa...he.he..

Popular Posts