Reminiscing Part 1

MrNordin sent me this pic a moment ago.




I think he looks very handsome here ~ alas, he deserves a special mention today.

How did we meet? You may wonder.


Before I met him, my love life was zilch. I was single for about a year, after breaking up from a previous boyfriend who married someone else without even telling me (he was such a jerk!). I was bumping around looking for love but the prospect was slim. Until one day, on my way to work, I heard on the radio about internet love ~ how people meet their life partner on the internet. Now, this is interesting, I thought. I've never tried cyber-dating or online chatting before, but I thought why not give it a try. I've got nothing to lose, anyway.

So I logged on the internet and searched for "friendship". The results were a long list of online dating sites. I chose one, http://www.oneandonly.com/ , and the rest is history.

It was quite interesting at first, exchanging e-mails with people whom you think have common grounds with you. I got to know several guys both local & abroad, but one got on pretty serious with me. Not MrNordin (not yet). His name was An**ony, he lived in PJ. He called me CatWoman.

I think we hit it off like a house on fire because we shared similar passion for cats. He was such a "gentle"man... We exchanged e-mails very frequently and I so looked forward to receiving his e-mails everyday. It was going on for about a week or so, when he told me he had to go to New Zealand for a couple of days for a business trip. I was devastated. I thought surely I would miss him! I was nuts!

Madam Tai Tai, remember that night when he called me from the airport? I was at your house ~ CRYING! Entah apa2, kan? I didn't even know the guy and I felt as if he was already a part of me! He promised to send me "something" from NZ and if everything went well, we would meet up upon his return. Yeay! I couldn't wait! From his description over the phone, I thought he might have looked like Hrithik Roshan.

Four days after he left, the "something" did arrive. It was a HUGE bouquet of ROSES! I think there were 200 stalks or more, in various colours ! I've never received anything that big before, it was like "a bed of roses"! It was unbelieveable! Superwoman, you were there ! Remember we took turns to water the roses? Hee.. hee..

Anyway, the roses made me fall more deeply in love with this stranger. Some friends were a bit apprehensive, saying that he could be a sex maniac or something, trying to take advantage of desperate lonely women like me. "Who would be so stupid to send a huge bouquet of flowers to someone he's never even met before?!" Well, he's got a point, but I don't care. I got my flowers ! And I still want to meet him

So, the day came when we agreed to meet. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I had my hair washed and blown, and put on my little black dress for the date. I thought I looked smashing!

I arrived first at the venue, and waited for him to come. At 8pm sharp, I saw a car passing by. It was a bit dark, so I couldn't really make up how he looked like. But I knew it was him from the way he described the car. I just stood there, and waited. Then, I heard him calling my name, "CatWoman!" I looked up and saw him waving at me. I waved back and started walking towards his car. Nervous! Should I stay or should I go??

Slowly, I walked up to his car. But upon closer inspection.......

"Alamak.... ini bukan macam Hrithik Roshan! More like Herman Tino daaa.... !!"

... to be continued.

Comments

Herman Tino?!! I remembered you told me that he was HUGE (read:gemuk)! More like a dark-skinned sumo wrestler, I'd say.

I'm laughing now as I'm writing this. Why? Because I'm remembering your 'menangis iya-iya' part when Mr. Romantic had to leave for NZ.

BJ, it's always a pleasure to have you as my friend. You do keep me well entertained! :)
busymum100 said…
Mrs Nordin,

PLEAAAASE do not keep us (esp new acquaintances like me) waiting for too long! suspense ni...

cepat2 lah sambung cerita!
MrsNordin said…
Gina,

He did look like Herman Tino lah.. or Pak Ngah (yang buat lagu for Siti Nurhaliza tu). Curly hair, big built... Tapi tak de lah sampai macam sumo wrestler. Must give him a little credit lah. He gave us a lot of things what from NZ ! :)
MrsNordin said…
Busymum,

I will... I will...!
Delicate Flower said…
Mrs N,

Alah, cepatlah sambung, buat suspen aje.....200 roses? Gooodness gracious, the most I ever got was 24 :-)

I don't know who Hitrik Roshan is, but Herman Tino - tidak sama sekali....:-)
Hope said…
mrsN

Your hub has a kind and calm look....and both of you look very happy.

But yes...sambung cerita please...:-)
hee hee j....the roses were damn impressive i tell you....!!! and we appreciate his presents from NZ...

Popular Posts