Kantoi Update

Following the incident with my eldest daughter last Thursday, I really had no mood to write after that. Thanks for your comments and advises though, but I think I know what I’m doing.

I did speak to her again on Saturday, but very cordial. I didn’t ask her to sit down and go through the whys, whats and hows with me because we’ve done that so many times before. I dah letih.

I was hoping, as she’s turning 20 this year, she should have gotten it inside her head what are her parents’ expectations and pantang larang because both my husband and I have drilled this into her many, many times before. Ever since she was 14, to be exact. Tak kan tak faham-faham lagi?

So, I didn’t want to go through another session of why you did all that with her because I dah tak kuasa. People say I should bersabar banyak-banyak because the usual tagline is “kids that age is difficult”. I truly understand that, I have three ok? But my patience has really run dry after that incident. I’m emotionally drained. Kata orang, macam dah patah hati...

So I told my husband, I don’t want to deal with her anymore when it comes to these things, you do it. He’s a better disciplinarian than I am anyway. I’m sure he’ll do a better job.

Anyway, she's gone back to UiTM yesterday but she'll be coming back again this Saturday. My husband is going to JB this evening, returning Sunday. It's going to be a long week, I can see that...

Comments

zaitgha said…
hi Mrs.N,

been following your kantoi story from the first one...but i think for someone whos going to be 20, her actions were quite irresponsible...coming from 15 or 16 year olds maybe lah...but thats my opinion la coz i dont have girls...but from observing 20+ nephews, nieces and my own boys, i notice the girls are more difficult to handle than the girls....nowadays girls lagi daring ...anyway we can only do our best kan...take care mam...
zaitgha said…
"than the boys" typo error la pulak...
Hi MrsN,

What can I say? At 20 dulu, we were already living our lives independently, constantly managing to stay afloat on meagre scholarship allowances (tak meminta duit from our parents), learning to balance work and play, dealing with problems ourselves, etc. I think you are frustrated because perhaps you see that Nabila at 20 isn't like us, like you.

Tak pe lah. Let Nordin deal with her for the time being. You keep your cool, ok.
MamaEta said…
Bj..aduhai...

I can't say much sebab anak2 dara I baru nak masuk teenagers...I am speechless..dan terasa tak cukup padan nak beri sepatah dua kata..

Pun begitu quite a times I cried to myself..just becoz my daughters had done things which I wdn't think of when I was young..albeit I selalu kata kat my husband..I was nice..a nice girl..then why my girls not like me...so to speak expectation lah huh..and I pray to Almighty so that i be given lots of patience and wisdom to raise up my own kids...(especially bila my mum dah tak de..tak tau mana nak mengadu..)

Come to think of it..we were raised up by different people totally..with different kind of environment, challenges etc...

Takes time dear..tengah merajuk tu...kasi cool down eh!!
Anonymous said…
Hi MrsN,
ari selasa petang i nampak ur MrN kat airport Subang. mula2 i nampak i rasa mcm familiar penah tgk foto dia dlm ur blog ** btw, i am a silent reader,selalu baca celoteh u**, then i dpt recall lah inilah rupanya MrN in real :P
MrsNordin said…
Hi Anon,

Iya ke? Hee.. hee... he was going to JB at that time.

Senang je nak spot MrN tu. So what do you think of him in real person? Does he look "garang" to you?
Anonymous said…
Hi MrsN,
tak nampak garang sgt, he looks funny sometimes:P.. beriya dia dok potpet ngan kawan dia. Tampakla dia ada kredibiliti as whut u always write abt him :D
MrsNordin said…
Anon,

Hee... hee... you mean, a ladies man? Memang pun! Sebab tu ramai orang perempuan suka mengadu nasib kat dia!

(dia sekarang suspen sebab dah a few people spotted him, orang yang tak dikenali pulak tu. He thinks he should start wearing a wig to disguise himself in public!)
Nadim said…
Auntie Yati sabo je laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....................................................................
MrsNordin said…
Yes, Nadim... that's what I've been doing...

Popular Posts