Weekend Rendezvous

The weekend getaway with MrN was a success! Despite my MIL calling at 7.00 am (yes, she called!!), asking us to have breakfast at her house, it was swell.

No, we didn’t tell her we were going for a secret rendezvous at a hotel in town because according to my husband, she would make a big fuss about it. So we didn’t tell anyone except for our children, who were very sporting about it.

But I did ask him on our way there, “Kalau mak call rumah tanya pasal kita, apa budak2 should cakap?” He said, “Just tell the truth lah! Apa nak takut? I penat2 kerja all this while , tak ada siapa nak tolong. Now I want to spend some quality time with my wife, no one should say anything about it!”

Cewah… I was very impressed. Ok, if you said so…. :)

We had dinner at the coffee house after dropping off the children at home. I was pretty bombed out by that time because I had spent most of the afternoon in the pool with Nizzar.

The swimming pool at Mandarin is nice. The water is not too deep. Even at its deepest end, the water is still below my chin. So I’m quite comfortable there as I’m not really a good swimmer.

We got back to the room at almost 11pm. Watched a bit of football and called it a day (details are censored here).

The next day, early in the morning while we were still sleeping on that heavenly bed at Mandarin, his phone rang. “That must be his mum!”, I said to myself. Then I heard him say, “Erm.. hmm… iya mak… iya lah mak… ok… ok…” and he ended the conversation.

I turned my face away from him, feeling slightly disappointed that my plan to laze in bed will be messed up.

Slowly he turned to me and said, “Mak ajak breakfast kat rumah dia, dia dah beli lontong…” No answer from me. Then he continued, “Mak kata you suka lontong tu, that’s why she bought it for you.”

I kept quiet. How to say no like that?

At that point of time, I was thinking, why does she always have to spoil my plan to have a quiet weekend with my husband? Why must this happen again? The last time pun macam ni jugak (read here).

But on second thought, well… what the heck. I’ve had my time with my husband, there’s not much more we can do this morning. Anyway, we need to eat breakfast and the lontong IS nice. So I said, ok lah. Let’s go and pick up the children and go to mak’s house.

I think he was happy that I made that decision. Although I knew he wanted to stay on as well, sometimes something’s just gotta give. And I felt good not making that an issue between us.

Nizzar was happy to see us when we reached home yesterday. He asked me, “Mummy, where did you go last night?” Hee.. Hee.. I made up some stories for him and he seemed pretty satisfied with my answer.

So that was a good weekend. I hope you’ve had a good one too! Cheers!

Comments

rohaizahabas said…
Ye akak masih ingat peristiwa yang lepas..hahaha
but you both dah enjoy berdua duan ..so sweet lah you all ni....lepas berkuak lentang kat pool, lepas tu....hep!! censor laaa...hahahaha
Happy birthday Mr N..kenapa rambut you tak tumbuh2 ha!!!!
KG said…
good for you and Mr N! now i pulak nak cari siapa nak babysit my half a dozen kids...nak rendezvous wt haq!
MrsNordin said…
Hi AKAK!!

I miss you lah! Sorry I've not been visiting your blog more often. Cuma2 curi2 tengok update kat FB saja.

Hee... hee.... kuak lentang dengan budak kecik tu harus! Kalau tak, tak dapat nak getaway from him!

On his rambut? He said he's a baby forever! Ha! Ha! Take care akak... bila lah agaknya kita nak berjumpa!
MrsNordin said…
Yani,

Try Shila? Hee.. hee... SW, jangan marah...! But SW has had her rendezvous with Mr Dr. many times already lah!!
Sabarlah J maybe she will leave you all her noritake (or portmeiron or other stuff) collection ha ha ha!

But on the other hand- next time you ada conference kan around this time?? kat OBERSEAS lagi kan? and you CANNOT be disturbed KAN KAN KAN????

He he
and i have that subsidised hilton nights for her bj - puas lar i suruh husband dia take her out and spend the night...her kids no problem larrr what is 11 when you allready have 5...but the husband taknak!! now i know who to talk to !

Im talking about YOU KG!!
MrsNordin said…
Shila,

Tak apa lah... I guess that's the story of my life!

Ya lah Haq, why don't you take up the offer? Some more she dah volunteer to baby sit. I would grab it anytime, lah!

(unless, you're thinking of Pangkor again.. :))
tireless mom said…
Hahaha... I could see what you two were doing from my office next door. Miss your entries, welcome back.
MrsNordin said…
TM,

Hee.. hee... jangan lah beritahu orang lain... :)
bella said…
woot wootttt!!!notty wiken....hehehh...glad you had a good time with MrN. Lepas ni maybe the call from MIl will be at lunch time ke...lol...step by step sista!hehe...take care!
MrsNordin said…
Bella,

I can make a movie "Weekend Interrupted" !

Popular Posts