3D/2N at Banyan Tree Bangkok

If you’re planning a quick getaway with your loved one, try the Banyan Tree in Bangkok.  Their 3D/2N “Bangkok Romance” package is well worth every RM spent.

I was there last weekend with my husband. A nice break after such a long time. The last time we went away together was in 2011 (Krabi). So, this trip was much anticipated by both of us.

Why Banyan Tree? I’ve always wanted to stay at the Banyan Tree for its sheer luxury and spa experience. My husband had previously stayed at the Banyan Tree Bintan and Phuket with his late wife, and he always talked about how great they were.  

Obviously, I avoided these two places for I’d rather reserve them for his memories with his late wife. I wanted to make new ones so he remembers us in a different way. Hence, when choosing the hotel in Bangkok, I said no to all the hotels that he had previously stayed with his late wife. He concurred and we agreed on the Banyan Tree Bangkok.

We arrived at Sukabhumi Airport at 10.30am on Saturday via Malaysia Airlines. There was a car waiting for us - a BMW 7 Series with a driver in white suit. Wah.. rasa macam dalam “Pretty Woman”! I had asked my husband earlier on, “You want to travel in style or budget?” He said, “In style lah B… kita bukan selalu holiday berdua..“ Hence, the BMW. Hee.. Hee..  

Banyan Tree Bangkok


Car pick-up at the airport


When we reached the hotel, we were immediately whisked to our room on the 27th floor. It was a one-bedroom suite with access to the Club Lounge. You should take the rooms on the Club Floor because it gives you access to the Club Lounge which offers drinks and snacks all day long, plus breakfast every morning. This way, you don’t have to compete with the rest of the hotel guests for food at the coffee house.
After unpacking our luggage, we went down to the Club Lounge for a light lunch. Then at 4pm, we had our massage at the famous Banyan Tree Spa, which was part of the package. The massage was heavenly… My husband slept the moment the masseuse touched his body because I could hear him snoring (he does that when the massage was really good). He must be very tired… but he enjoyed it very much, he said. I did too.

That night, we had dinner on the Apsara, a boat that sails along the Chao Phraya river. It was so romantic but I didn’t really enjoy it because I was very tired by that time. My contact lenses were drying up, I could barely open my eyes.

At the end of the cruise, they took a photo of us together near one of the famous Wat and gave us a copy as we disembarked from the boat. I thought that was a nice gesture.

That night, I slept like a baby.  The bed was so comfortable you just sank in the moment you hit the pillows.

 Dinner on the Apsara

 We had Thai food on the boat

Rice packed in a banana leave parcel


The next day, we took our time eating our breakfast. The food selection was fantastic. They had about 20 types of cereals, fruits & nuts; 10 types of jams and preservatives (mostly locally made), Japanese section, eggs (cooked to your liking), bread, cheese, noodles, porridge etc, etc. We sat there for quite a while trying out all the different food. It was awesome.

After breakfast, we went out to do a little shopping. We took a cab to MBK to buy some t-shirts for the kids back home. My husband wanted to buy the “fisherman pants” which could only be found in Bangkok. He wears these pants at home most of the time because they are so comfortable. The last time we were in Bangkok, he bought several pieces at 199 Baht each. Now, the price is still 199 Baht and the quality is still the same (better, in fact). No inflation ke in Thailand??

I bought a few t-shirts for myself, 2 pairs of jeans and that was it. We returned to the hotel to rest because later that night, we planned to visit the Asiatique – a wholesale market that opened at night only.

After a quick rest and shower, we headed up to the Moon Bar, which was located on 61st floor of the hotel. We had complimentary drinks at the Moon Bar as part of the package and so we decided to check it out.

I didn’t know what to expect but when we reached the top floor, I was taken aback because the view was simply stunning. I could see the whole of Bangkok from where I was sitting and it was incredible! We watched the sunset from the bar. My husband, who is not such a great fan of heights, was looking rather nervous up there but he stayed on and I love him for that.

We had dinner at the Vertigo Restaurant, just below the Moon Bar. It was one of the most fascinating dining experiences I’ve ever had.  Stylish and sophisticated, we dined under the skies of Bangkok while enjoying the panoramic views of the city. We forgo our midnight shopping at Asiatique for the awesome experience at the Vertigo.

As I’m writing, I am still imagining myself sitting at the Moon Bar, contemplating the heavens and admiring the beautiful city lights down below while sipping my favorite drink.  Ahh… what an unforgettable experience!

Me & him at the Moon Bar

He does look nervous, doesn't he? 

 
View from the top

Romantic dinner at Vertigo


When we got back to our room after dinner, we were suprised to find that the room had been transformed into this really romantic setting - lights down, soft music, candles and incense in the bedroom and roses in the bathtub. I didn't know when they had set up the place, but it was a nice surprise. They called it "Intimate Bath", which is essentially setting up the mood for intimate moments with your partner.

I need not go into details but that was one of the most relaxing experience I've ever had. Usually I found it hard to relax in a bath tub, but this one made me forget about everything. It was total bliss.

Rose petals and lotus flowers in the bath tub 

 Strawberries and cream

 The heavenly bed

Perfect setting for intimate moments

I must say the 3D/2N we spent at the Banyan Tree Bangkok were truly remarkable. The Banyan Tree experience was one of a kind and the things we did together do bring us closer as a couple. 

When I asked my husband "What were your best moments during the stay?" He said, "First, the massage at the Spa and second, the intimate bath." As for me, the Moon Bar takes the cake and the bath came a close second.

Now I'm checking out other Banyan Tree destinations for our next rendezvous.. :)

Comments

ummisara said…
:) bestttttnya.

*thumbs up*
Anonymous said…
Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate ? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. Hope to hear soon. Thanks!

Popular Posts