Because The Night

I’m hooked on Patti Smith’s “Because The Night”. I can’t remember how I came across this talented singer/artist, but I guess it must be during one of those nights when I was youtube-ing, as they call it.

She’s cool, that’s how I see it. Even when she’s almost as old as my mother now, she still has it when she takes to the stage. Awesome.

Her music is known as “punk rock”. A fusion of rock and poetry; that’s what makes it so hypnotizing. They call her the “Godmother of Punk”. She must be a big name, then.

Then I found out she’s written a book, “Just Kids”, which documents her relationship with Robert Mapplethorne, the love of her life. I went to get a copy at Kinokuniya. A very intriguing story and quite disturbing at times, but she told it in a very delicate way that I didn’t find it repulsive at all. More curious at the end of it, yes.

This is my favorite video clip. Patti Smith performing alongside U2 and Bruce Springsteen during the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2009. Because The Night was written by Bruce Springsteen but Patti made it hit the charts in 1978.

As U2 puts it, “This is the song we wish we’d written..” Oh yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSUgWCHpmHM&list=FLl-0d0itCm801RntRdpLBZA&index=19

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your blog! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top Mommy Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from toys to baby formulas to diapers, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=bb1012) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=bb1012). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!
- shamimie - said…
Hi... love your blog.. I was google-ing about maid as I'm having dilemma right now and found your blog. I'm following yours.

Thanks.

Popular Posts